To start your application process, please fill out this form found HERE.
International students are required to pay their school bill in full (one semester at a time) before they arrive or upon arrival to the CFNI campus. As part of the process to receive an I-20, you will need to show proof of funds in a bank statement as well as complete the Certificate of Financial Responsibility form.
The bank statement must show an available balance for one year of:
$15,000 USD – for the student
$10,000 USD – for the spouse of the student (if applicable)
$5,500 USD – for each child of the student (if applicable)
Please note the following for Bank Statements and Certificates of Responsibility (CFR):
- The Bank Statement and Certificate of Financial Responsibility form must be dated within a year of your expected semester start date.
- A Certificate of Financial Responsibility form must be completed per bank statement submitted. Up to two bank statements are permitted per applicant.
- The bank statement must have the same name as the person on the CFR. If the bank statement is from a company or organization we will need proof that the sponsor has access to that account. Example: An official letter from the bank stating the person named in the CFR has access to withdraw funds from the account.
- Bank statements may be from either an American or foreign bank.
- Bank statements should show the currency type of funds and be the appropriate amount needed when converted to US Dollars.
Approved Types of Liquid Assets
- Savings/Checking Accounts (bank statement and/or bank letter)
- Bonds, Stocks, or any type of investments funds that can be liquidated
Note: We do not accept computer screenshots of an online bank account.
Your Admissions Advisor will send you the list of required documents needed to complete your application package. This is an extensive list, and can take several weeks, so be sure to note deadlines to ensure you have enough time to submit all required documents. Once we have received all of the required documents, your completed application package will be submitted to the CFNI’s Review Committee to determine an admissions decision.
To review a list of required documents, click HERE.
Per America’s federal government SEVIS guidelines, the International Affairs Department will begin processing I-20s no sooner than six months prior to the start date of the semester applied for. All I-20s are processed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
I-20 Document Requirements:
- Copy of passport for applicant and any accompanying family members
- Home address verification for the embassy letter
- Proof of funds for one year in a bank statement, sponsor letter or Affidavit of Financial Support
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility
After receiving your I-20, you will need to pay the SEVIS fee for your I-901 form. Since you need an F-1 Visa to enter the United States as a student, you must pay the I-901 SEVIS fee before going to the United States embassy or consulate for your Visa interview.
*If you do not pay the I-901 SEVIS fee, your Visa application will be denied by the Department of State. To learn more and pay the SEVIS fee, click HERE.
For helpful information on preparing for your Visa interview, click HERE.
You may arrive in the United States no more than 30 days prior to the start of the semester. If you arrive earlier than your scheduled check-in time during New Student Arrival week (typically the week before school starts), you will need to make housing arrangements off-campus.
When you enter the United States, you must present the following documents to the officer at the port of entry:
- A Form I-20
- A valid F-1 Visa (unless you are exempt from Visa requirements)
- A valid passport
- Evidence of support for tuition and fees and living expenses while you are in the United States