PRACTICAL, BIBLICAL TEACHING
CFNI is a three year Bible school in Dallas, Texas. We promote a culture of prayer and worship alongside classroom instruction and practical application of ministry. With Jesus at the center of everything we do, we are committed to equipping every believer to bring Godly transformation into their sphere of influence with the boldness and power of Jesus Christ. Our goal is for every graduate to embody the character and power of God’s Spirit, provide hope to a hopeless world and maintain an unshakeable faith in Jesus Christ. World changers are trained here.
What We Offer
Our first year consists of two semesters of instruction and a summer-credit experience through one of our international outreaches or on-campus internships. Each semester’s curriculum is tailored for laying a strong biblical foundation of faith, doctrine, practical and spiritual disciplines, and experiences that shape each student’s walk to stand in their generation. Student Ministries play an integral role in the student’s life on campus, providing weekly practical application of classroom instruction.
If a student decides to graduate after the first year, the student can expect to receive a Certificate of Biblical Studies (CBS) degree which provides a strong foundation to take with them into their next stage of life.
Certificate of Biblical Studies Degree Requirements
- 42 credit hours
- 36 credit hours will be earned throughout two semesters consisting of 18 credit hours each, including 8 foundational courses, student ministry practicum, and joint sessions.
- 6 credit hours will be earned through the summer ministry experience.
Our second year combines the foundational studies of our first year with a deeper exploration of the Bible, various areas of theology and ministry, and more. The second year consists of all elective courses, so the student can customize their training according to their specific areas of interest.
If a student decides to graduate after the second year, they can expect to receive the following: an Associate of Practical Theology (APT) degree, a strong biblical foundation to take with them into their next stage of life, and a broader range of knowledge for the equipping of others as they accept the call of God in their life.
Associates of Practical Theology Degree Requirements
- 78 credit hours
- Completion of Certificate of Biblical Studies (CBS) requirements (42 credits)
- 36 credit hours will be earned throughout two semesters consisting of 18 credit hours each, including 8 elective courses, student ministry practicum and joint sessions.
Our third year builds on the foundation of our first year, along with the practicality of our second, culminating in a year of hands-on training in various areas of ministry. During the third year, students have the opportunity to choose from four majors, which include Children and Family, Pastoral, Worship and Youth. In addition to major specific classes, the third year also includes core concentrations to ensure a comprehensive training that is relevant to ministry, regardless of the student’s specialization. A student who graduates after three years will receive a Bachelor of Practical Ministry and will be prepared for vocational ministry in the local church, marketplace, or abroad.
Bachelor of Practical Ministry Degree Requirements
- 120 credit hours
- Completion of APT requirements (78 credits)
- 42 credit hours will be earned throughout two semesters consisting of 21 credit hours each, including 8 elective courses, student ministry practicum, and joint sessions.
Our Advanced Studies Diploma program consists of intensive study and hands-on experience, without being required to complete the first and second year (pre-approval is required). This option was created for vocational ministers and church leaders who desire to amplify their knowledge and experience in their field without completing our full program. Students who have already completed approved biblical/theology degrees and now want to train in a specific area of ministry may also take advantage of this option.
Advanced Studies Diploma Admissions Requirements
In order to apply for the Advanced Studies Diploma, you must be at least 25 years old and possess one of the following:
- A 2-year accredited theological degree
- A 4-year non-theological degree and a minimum of 2-years of full-time practical ministry experience
- More than 20 years of practical ministry experience
Advanced Studies Diploma Degree Requirements
- 42 credit hours
- All 42 credit hours will be earned throughout two semesters consisting of 21 credit hours each, including 8 elective courses, student ministry practicum and joint sessions.
Electives are course offerings provided outside of the morning class schedule and degree programs, allowing students to train in various areas for an additional fee. Elective costs vary but are always competitive, and are lower than market rates. All of our instructors are educated and experienced in their area of course offering.